jueves, 29 de octubre de 2020

Free Topic

The place of the city that I like the most in Santiago, Chile, is Cajon del Maipo, this place is located in the commune of San José de Maipo


The Cajón del Maipo is characterize mainly because it has the great Maipo River basin, which is enclosed by hills, cliffs, and massifs. In this place we can find different natural lagoons, mountains, and rivers. The natural beauty is unique due to its mountainous formations, allowing visitors to practice different sports and experience adventures, such as, Trekking to Waterfalls, Rafting, Picnic with family and friends, besides, you can camp and see the beautiful starry sky calmly and quietly, due to the fact that it is located far from the city center and car transport, being a perfect place to meet and relax in the middle of the forest.

The Cajon del Maipo is a very special place. I remember that 3 years ago I met with different friends and we do a beautiful Trekking, which has an approximate duration of 1:30 hrs. This Trekking is of medium difficulty, but you need to have suitable shoes to get to this place. This is one of the places I remember the most because at the end of the trail you manage to reach a waterfall that is approximately 30 meters long and is very refreshing.

¡Highly recommended to all of you!!

Unfortunately, The Cajon del Maipo is threatened by a hydroelectric project called “Alto Maipo” that is destroying, polluting, and diverting the natural course of the Rio Maipo. Even, this project is seriously threatening the provision of drinking water for the city of Santiago.

I hope that we can continue to enjoy this beautiful place and that this project can be banned, so that future generations can appreciate this beautiful corner within the Region Metropolitana.

8 comentarios:

  1. I love Cajón del Maipo, I visited a few times and I camped on some vacation. It’s a great place to visit.

    I hope like you do, something happened and stops Alto Maipo.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Cajón del Maipo is a beautiful place, and it´s very close to Santiago! It´s a pity that their ecosystems are so threatened by anthropic pressure.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. i have been talking with my family about the cajon del maipo!, because it's the closest place to go from Santiago and be surrounded by nature, for sure a beautiful place.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I really like this place, it is very unfortunate what is happening with Alto Maipo, I just hope that this project is destroyed.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. ALto Maipo is a really terrible proyect, I also like a lot the place, and I'm so sad for the proyect, I really hope that authorities takes action on the matter.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. I love the Cajon del Maipo, I camped there a couple of times and had an amazing time! It has the advantage that it is just a few minutes away from Santiago and it is very beautiful.

    ResponderBorrar

My last camp VTP

Hello, today I will tell you a story that happened about two years ago. To start this story, I Will tell you that I was participating for 3 ...